Diabetes is basically a chronic medical condition, where blood sugar level increases in bloodstream. It’s an uncontrollable disease somehow it can be treated to normal its level but no treatment can cure this disease. Type 2 diabetes restricts the pancreas to make insulin. It basically leads to chronically high blood glucose levels. It also causes serious complications and having many symptoms to diagnose it.
What are the symptoms of types 2 diabetes?
This type of diabetes makes unable the use of insulin to bring glucose into the cells. Your body organs become able to use an alternative way to get energy in the tissues, muscles and organs. It makes a chain reaction that causes variety of symptoms which diagnose this type. Its symptoms take longer time to show as it is slower than type 1 diabetes. The early symptoms of getting type 2 diabetes are might be following at early stage as given below. But as it progresses the symptoms and condition of patient become more severe and uncontrollable and makes person weaker day by day.This type of diabetes makes unable the use of insulin to bring glucose into the cells. Your body organs become able to use an alternative way to get energy in the tissues, muscles and organs. It makes a chain reaction that causes variety of symptoms which diagnose this type. Its symptoms take longer time to show as it is slower than type 1 diabetes. The early symptoms of getting type 2 diabetes are might be following at early stage as given below. But as it progresses the symptoms and condition of patient become more severe and uncontrollable and makes person weaker day by day.
- Dry mouth
- Constant hunger
- Lack of energy
- Weight loss
- Excessive thirst
- Itchy skin
- Blurry vision
- Frequent urination
The symptoms of this type are some different when the glucose level in blood increases. Their symptoms are as:
- Yeast infection
- Slow-healing cuts or sores
- Foot pain
- Dark patches
What are the causes of type 2 diabetes?
Hormones also play important role in our body to complete the chemical reactions. Insulin is also an important hormone which produces by pancreas when you eat any food they help to transport glucose to your bloodstream. They help to get energy to meet the needs of required energy to your body cells.
When diabetes type 2 causes your body becomes resistant to insulin. Your body also not able to use hormones and it forces pancreas to work harder to make more insulin.
If your pancreas doesn’t produce insulin in maximum amount and also it don’t use it so it disturbs the chain of getting energy from the glucose. It also causes dysfunction in the pancreas.
There is also another situation of causing this type of diabetes when your liver produces more amount of glucose. When the maximum amount of glucose is not used, it causes deposition. This deposition causes the obesity. Environmental factors are also triggers. More like, these all factors are the combinations of the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
Treatment for type 2 diabetes:
Doctors suggest medications for this type but more important factor is to regular check up of the blood glucose levels. The level of blood sugar should b in specific range so it won’t be harmful. For treating or managing the blood glucose level following are the tips:
- Take a proper diet with rich in fiber and carbohydrates. Whole grains, eating fruits and vegetables also help to keep maintain the level of sugar.
- Make a proper diet plan and take everything at regular intervals.
- Take as much food as it can full.
- Do maximum exercise and control your body weight to keep your body and heart healthy.
- Exercise and proper diet help a lot to keep your glucose level normal.
- Follow doctor’s advice.
- Doctor will help you to identify the symptoms when glucose level will high or low in the blood.
- Doctor will also help you to learn about foods what are healthy for you.
It’s not necessary to take insulin in each condition.
- Prescription medications may help as well.
Lifestyle and environmental factors highly affect this type of diabetes. If you will maintain healthy lifestyle so you may not need to use more medications. But if you can’t so there are some medications which help you to treat your disease in better way. As given:
- Metformin, it’s a preferred treatment which is mostly use for this type of diabetes patients. In helps to lower the blood glucose level and also improve the respond of your body against insulin.
- Sulfonylurea, this is supposed in oral medication treatment that helps body to make more insulin.
- Meglitinides, it is a medication which works fast-acting in short-duration. Its purpose is to stimulate your pancreas to release more insulin.
- Thiazolidinediones, which makes the body more sensitive to insulin.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors, it reduces blood glucose levels.
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptors agonists, it makes slow digestion and also regulate blood sugar level.
- Sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors, it helps to prevent the kidney to reabsorb the amount of glucose into the blood and sending it to out in your urine.
Each medication may have side effects but it also take some time to find the best medication to treat this type of diabetes. If you are a patient of cholesterol issue and blood pressure levels, so you should need medication accordingly to address.
- On the other side, if your body is not able to make enough insulin so you will may also treated by insulin therapy.
Diet for type 2 diabetes:
It is an important plan to follow a proper diet plan. It won’t only help you to keep healthy yourself but it also helps to maintain the glucose level in blood. We all follow different diet plan but if it will be healthy plan so it makes you healthier and also improve your blood level. Although there are some action plans also:
- Eat meals on proper time
- Choose best food groups which should be high in nutrients but have fewer amounts of calories.
- Don’t overeat.
- Before eating anything read food labels
Food and beverages to avoid:
There are also some of the types of food groups and beverages which are not healthy. You should not take those foods and try to completely avoid them. The list of foods is given:
- Sugary drinks
- Organ meats
- Foods heavy in saturated or trans fats
- Baked goods
- High-fat dairy products
- Pasta etc
- Skipping salty foods
- Fried foods
Foods to choose:
It’s very important to take a healthy food it may include following foods list:
- Whole grains
- Whole fruits
- Legumes, such as beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Non-starchy vegetables
- Foods with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids
- Oils such as olive oils, canola oils and peanut oil
- Nuts as almond, pecans and walnuts