Nicotine is a drug and also considered as highly addictive chemical. It is commonly found in tobacco plant. It is primarily go inside your body by inhaling. When you inhale the smoke of tobacco it consumes by you. There are many other ways to consume it such as in the form of cigars or it may include pipes also. Some people also get it through nose when it is powder form.
Nicotine addiction can be physical, mental and behavioral and change them entirely. In physical addiction, people get habitual of using nicotine or may have craved the chemical. In mental addiction, people desire to take nicotine. In behavioral addiction, people mostly depend on their actions of using tobacco or cigarettes. They may use tobacco after meals or when they are under stress.
Tobacco is very dangerous but many of people have addiction of it. The excess use of this drug causes serious diseases inside your body such as lungs cancer or asthma and lead life-threatening effects. According to one study, in United States about 435,000 deaths per year are recorded due to smoking related diseases. Avoiding these drugs can give you a happy and healthy life.
What are the effects of nicotine addiction?
Naturally when any person takes nicotine, person feels pleasant in the body and mind. Use of tobacco causes to release neurotransmitters such as dopamine by your brain. They make you feel-good and pleasant.
Cancer causing and other harmful chemicals are present in Tobacco, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. Tobacco leaves more effects on your health which can be physical, mental and psychological. Almost 4000 chemicals are found in tobacco that causes serious health issues which can include following.
- The direct effect of tobacco occurs on lungs and heart and cause lungs cancer and heart diseases as well.
- Tobacco destroys respiratory system badly and also causes cancer in any part of this system.
- Chronic bronchitis, leukemia and osteoporosis are also results of tobacco.
- Other problems such as emphysema, diabetes and stroke also symptoms of taking excess amount of nicotine.
- Eyes issues as cataracts and muscular degeneration are common in symptoms.
- Due to tobacco your immune system becomes weaker and does not able to fight against diseases.
- Infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy complication risks become higher.
- Impotence, loss of sense of taste and smell.
- Respiratory infections, cold, flu, gum disease and dental issues may also because of nicotine or other chemicals found in tobacco.
- People may show premature aging effects and peptic ulcer diseases are also because of harmful chemicals.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is estimated that children living in homes have secondhand smoke risks. They may have
- Respiratory infection
- Ear infections
- Sudden infant death syndrome
- Other illnesses
Causes of nicotine addiction:
Nicotine is an addictive drug it can attract and addict even that person who has used infrequently. There are numbers of products available with nicotine such as most common smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products.
With excess use of nicotine people have increase the chances of getting serious diseases. The products with less amount of nicotine may have fewer risks but they have some risks. So it is better to avoid all those things which contain harmful chemicals.
Symptoms of nicotine addiction:
People who get addicted with the use of nicotine may show some of the given signs.
- They show inability to stop the use of products contain tobacco.
- When they stop use of nicotine they may show withdrawal symptoms.
- Addicted people continue smoking desire even with serious health complications.
- Even continue use of tobacco products can lead negative impacts on your life.
Doctor will diagnose a drug addiction by asking about their health and usage of drugs history. After diagnose of your current issue then they will be able to suggest you to give a treatment. Before starting any treatment doctor will ask that person to commit to stop it. If a person want to get rid or treat issues caused by drugs so he / she should commit to not use drugs again or during the treatment.
How it’s treated:
Before getting any treatment, people should change their behaviors and daily routines. Then they will be successful to challenging to deal drugs. As we know, there are numbers of treatments available for nicotine addiction but it’s better to not get addicted. The treatments are available as support groups, nicotine replacement therapy and prescription medication.
Your support group selection is very important part and also impacts highly on your life. Whether you choose an individual person or support group, both will help you to how to come up with your condition. They also teach you to how work with addiction and accept challenges.
Some of the medications are available to quit smoking or tobacco slowly. These medications also help to make less crave of drugs. Some of the nicotine replacement therapy options are gums, patches, lozenges, nasal sprays or inhales. These all options can help to consume nicotine without other harmful chemicals present in tobacco. This method will also help to make addiction slow down with the passage of time.
Antidepressants are included in non-nicotine options, as it helps to increase the production of dopamine that helps to improve your mood.
Medications and withdrawal symptoms help a person to work through these treatments and also to learn coping skills. You can also follow some of these steps to get rid of nicotine.
- Regular exercise will help to reduce the use of drug.
- It is the best way to choose some snacks by which your mouth and hands stay busy.
- Try to remove all the products that having tobacco in them.
- Don’t try to connect with those people who are smoking. May you get addicted again.
- Change your eating habits and try to choose healthy meals.
- Become realistic about your treatment.
- To improve the addition set goals and try to meet with these goals.