Most common cancer types
Most common cancer types Cancer is the abnormal growth of cells and causes abnormalities in the body. It also leads life-threatening. Most of the cancers may be treated well with medications and therapy. However there are some cancers which causing mostly death throughout the world.
In the present, most of the people diagnosed with any type of cancer. There are more than 200 different types of cancers identified. In the Unites states cancer skin cancer and breast cancer are most common. Second most common cancer type diagnosed is lung cancer. According to 2018 observations, more than 40,000 cases per year are diagnosed with lung cancer and prostate cancer.
There is a list of most common types of cancer which is arranged accordingly highest estimated cases to lowest.
- Breast cancer:
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer after skin cancer. It is highly diagnose in American women. It starts with a sharp pain in breast and also tenderness. Sometimes you may feel pain due to some of other reasons such as fluctuation of hormones caused by menstruation, by taking birth control pill and breast cysts and so on. If this pain is continue for a long time so they may indicate breast cancer. There are also treatments available here but mostly doctor recommend surgery to remove the abnormalities of cells.
- Estimated yearly new cases in females are 268,600 and in males are 2,670.
- Due to breast cancer the deaths of female are nearly 41,760 and in male are 500.
- According to the survey of 5-years it is found in 90 percent females (2008-2014).
- Lung cancer (including bronchus):
The second most common type of cancer is lung cancer which mostly known as lung cancer. Most of the people especially smokers are suffered with lung cancers. Most important thing about this cancer is this that lung cancer is one in every four cancer-related deaths. This cancer is further divided into two types.
- Most likely men who smoke they get chances of lungs cancer 23 times more than a normal person.
- Women who smoke get chances of lung cancer more than 13 percent than normal and healthy non-smokers.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 228,150.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 142,670.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 23 percent (2008-2014).
- Prostate cancer:
Prostate cancer is also most common type of cancer which leads death rate more. It is typically slow growing cancer but a very serious disease as well. Thousands of numbers are affected with these cancers that are older. According to the estimation of American Cancer Society (ACS), 174,650 American men are diagnosed with this type of cancer in 2019. Consultation is very important in any kind of cancer. Treatments are also available of this kind.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 164,690.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 29,430.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 98 percent.
- Colon and rectal cancer:
Colon and rectal together make up large intestine. Colorectal cancer founds in colon and rectal. They both are found in lower portion of your alimentary canal. It is directly linked with your digestive system. According to the estimations of American Cancer Society, 1 in 22 men and 1 in 24 women develop this cancer. This cancer has different stages. All these stages are also treated differently.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 145,600.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 51,020.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 64 percent (2008-2014).
- Melanoma (skin):
Melanoma is a cancer which is related to your skin. Your skin has specialized cells which makes up the pigment that gives its color. In this cancer, cancerous cells start growth in the cells that produce melanin pigment (melanocytes). This type of cancer can occur everywhere on the kin even in your eyes also. Melanoma is also common and many of people suffered this kind. Doctor may test your skin to diagnose it. Then accordingly they will recommend treatment.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 96,480.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 7,230.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 92 percent (2008-2014).
- Bladder cancer:
This type of cancer is most frequently found in men than in women. It occurs in the bladder tissues. Bladder is an organ of your urinary system which holds urine in it. It has three types of it. According to the National Institute of Health, almost 45,000 men and 17,000 women are diagnosed with this cancer per year. People suffered with this type may have some of the give symptoms such as weight loss, bone tenderness, fatigue. If a person has this disease, he will not feel pain but can have blood in urine.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 80,470.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 17,670.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 77 percent (2008-2014).
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma:
This type of cancer starts in the lymphatic system when tumors develop in the type of white blood cell (lymphocytes). Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma kind is more common than Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 74,200.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 19,970.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 71 percent (2008-2014).
- Kidney (renal cell and renal pelvis) cancer:
It is also the most common type of cancer. Kidney cancer is basically renal cell carcinoma which arises in one kidney as a tumor.
Renal pelvis cancer occurs in the kidney’s pelvis or ureter. Ureter is a tube which carries urine from kidney to bladder. Kidney is the main organ which helps to filter out the waste products from the blood. Then it converts waste material into urine which removed from body.
According to estimations of the National Cancer Institute, in United States more than 63,000 new cases of kidney cancer are estimated in 2017.
- Estimated yearly new cases are about 73,820.
- Estimated yearly deaths are 14,770.
- According to 5-year estimated rate it’s about 75 percent (2008-2014).