Heart Disease in Women
Heart is a basic unit of life. It pumps blood around the body and helps you to be alive. If your heart is beating so you are alive, when it stops you will be no more. Heart disease is common in human. Anyone can get heart disease. The causes of getting heart disease may differ. It can also be inherited or you may get it by some other factors or health issues.
Heart (Cardiovascular) disease:
Blood vessels, blood and heart combine to make a circulatory system which pump blood in the body. Even from your head to feet every part gets blood by blood vessels. If your body feels any disturbance in blood flow so body responds. The disturbance may be due to heart and blood vessels.
Heart disease is also the name of abnormality which you face. Heart disease gives severe affects. The abnormalities of heart and blood vessels can be included:
- Coronary artery disease occurs when your blood vessels around the heart get blockage.
- Peripheral artery disease occurs when blood vessels in the arms or legs get blockages.
- Arrhythmia, causes when you feel problems with heart’s rhythm.
- Valvular heart disease occurs when you feel problems with your heart’s muscles or valve.
- Congestive heart failure is an abnormality when your heart doesn’t functioning properly in pumping or relaxing.
A person can suffer with any of the heart disease with the passage of time. They may be getting it by a result of abnormal formation of the heart in utero before birth; it is called congenital heart disease. Heart diseases are also called cardiovascular diseases.
Heart disease is very serious disease which causes of death for women in the United States. It causes death about 1 in 4 female each year. Approximately 6 percent women, over age 20 have coronary heart disease. The risks of getting disease increase with age.
Early signs of heart disease:
Most of the time, women don’t have any symptom of heart disease. By sudden heart attack or emergency causes the appearance of heart disease. Some of them get early symptoms of heart disease they may include:
- Chest pain or discomfort in the form of angina, which may be sharp, or dull.
- They may feel pain in jaw, neck and throat.
- They also suffer with back pain and upper abdomen pain.
- Shortness of breath and general weakness are common symptoms of it.
- Sometimes Fatigue and nausea are also show symptoms of heart problems.
- Sweating and change in skin color such as grayish skin are also symptoms of heart diseases.
These types of symptoms women suffer during any activity or at in rest position. These all are also the symptoms of a heart attack.
Some other heart disease symptoms in women:
Symptoms of heart disease may also different in women than men. However, chest pain is more likely. Symptoms are also varying according to the specific heart disease type. Some of the other symptoms in women of heart disease are:
- They may gain weight.
- They can have swelling in legs, feet, or ankles.
- Sweating, coughing, indigestion, wheezing, anxiety and fainting are also common in women with heart diseases.
- Heartburn and heart palpitations are also severe symptoms of it.
- Light headedness and sleeping problems may also show the abnormalities in heart.
What are the risk factors for heart disease?
The risks of heart disease are depending on the type or severity of heart disease. Heart diseases may be congenital; it means these abnormalities are in the result of anatomical abnormalities when heart was formed.
Heart diseases may also causes because of genetic factors. Your genetic history also influences the chances of getting heart diseases. Different types of diseases having different risks. They may include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic stress
- Family history of heart disease
- Not exercising
- Overweight or obesity
- Inflammatory diseases
- Menopause or premature menopause
- High blood pressure or diabetes during pregnancy
These are the symptoms which cause and issues of heart diseases, which puts you at more risk. Some of the diseases are
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Cardiac arrest
Checkup by a doctor:
Whenever you feel any symptom of any disease, you should concern about it and make an appointment to discuss the problems. If you diagnose any type of disease in early stage, so you can prevent and treat it easily. If you don’t get symptoms in early stage, so it will become more severe.
More likely, heart disease also show severities if it doesn’t treated at time. Your heart is an important organ which can get affect easily. Firstly, the best prevention is the routine checkup which you may make once or twice per year. After preventions, concern with a good doctor is very important. Your consultant is who can give you better information about your health.
If you’ve any symptom of heart disease, so you should visit the doctor. Go to doctor and tell about your symptoms. May your symptoms are the signs of heart diseases. Sometimes we take easy everything, such as fatigue, indigestion, shortness of breath or mild illness. We don’t have idea of getting severe health issues because of these symptoms. Most of the time, heart attack happens suddenly. Other than heart attack, symptoms are also signs of warning.
How to takeaway heart disease?
In present, heart disease is much more common disease in women and men both. In fact, it’s leading death for women, as they ignore the warning signs.
Many women don’t have symptoms of heart disease, but it’s better to see a doctor for routine checkup before any severe issue. In early stage doctor can help you to control the symptoms and severity of it. Doctor will also recommend you, how to reduce it.
If you have symptoms of heart disease, so it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. By tests, they will diagnose the causes and will provide treatment according to the severity.