Depression is basically classified as mood disorder. It also describes the feelings of loss, sadness and anger, which may interfere with a person’s personal activities. Depression is a common problem which ay every second person suffering. It highly affects daily work routine and cause serious health problems. It can happen normally in many cases but to become hopeless and to not get any treatment can lead many disorders in your body. Then it considered as a serious medication disease which can never get down without proper treatment. There are many health problems which can get by depression as:
- Cardiovascular disease
What are the symptoms of depression?
A person can get depression due to many personal issues but the constant state of sadness or feeling not good can be harmful for that person. Symptoms differ in different ages. It can be different in men, women and children due to different age factors and also different causes of depression.
Men may experience such type of depression as symptoms are given:
- It can depend on mood as the feelings of sadness, emotions of hopeless, restlessness, anger and aggressiveness etc.
- Behavior is the major symptom to diagnose a health issue, in depression it may loss interest in everything, no productive activities, feeling more tired, not taking proper diet, using drugs show the depression.
- Sleep patterns also help to show the symptoms of depression as if you are not taking complete rest, insomnia, and excessive sleepiness.
Women may experience following symptoms of depression:
- Irritability mood also show a depression symptom in women.
- Their behavior and emotional well-being, as feeling sad, hopeless, loss of social activities and thoughts of suicide also show the depression.
- Depression can also be indicated by the weight changes, decreasing energy, changes in diet habits, aches and increased cramps.
- Sleeping patterns also show the symptoms of depression as not sleeping throughout the night, waking early and also sleeping too much.
Children may experience symptoms related to:
- Change in their mood, behavior change trouble at school, not much physical activities, decline and not good performance in school.
- Cognitive abilities also highly affected by the depression.
What are the causes behind any depression?
Depression is having many causes under an umbrella which may causes by different factors which are following:
- Family history, if your family is suffering a family history of depression or another mood disorder.
- Brain structure, there is a great risk of getting depression if your frontal lobe of your brain is not active more as it should be due to some disorders.
- Trauma, it can also make an early childhood trauma which effect on your whole life in the form of fear and stressful situations.
- Chronic illness, insomnia, chronic pain or ADHD are also higher risk depression causes.
- Misuse of drug and alcohols also affect and increase the depression rate.
- Personal mental illness and certain medication are also included in the depression.
- Lose of beloved relations, economic problems stressful events and divorces these are also lead a major cause of depression.
How can we test depression?
It’s not difficult to examine depression as in many cases there are many psychological evaluation which can demonstrate the depression clearly. Doctor or psychiatrist will ask many serious questions related to your health. Such as
- Sleep pattern
- Activity levels
- Physically involvement in tasks
Depression can also be linked with the excess amount of some hormones as thyroid problems or vitamin D deficiency. Never ignore the symptoms of depression as can lead worse, seek medical help. It is a serious mental health illness and if you don’t take it serious so it will make serious physical complications. As weight gain or lose, physical pain, panic attacks, social isolation and thoughts of suicide and relationship problems.
Types of depression:
Depression is also categories into depending on the severity of depression. There are two major types of depressions
- Major depressive disorders:
It is the severe form of depression as it indicates the feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness which can’t go away until you can’t get treated or try. How can you diagnose this type of depression? There are different experiences which helps you to find this depression as:
- Most of the time feeling lonely and depressed.
- Most regular activities may not look interested as the loss of interest.
- Frequently weight loss or gain.
- Not sleeping well or sleeping a lot.
- Loss of concentration on the life activities and thoughts of death or suicide.
There are many subtypes of major depressive disorders which are given below:
- Atypical features
- Mixed features
- Anxious distress
- Seasonal patterns
- Psychotic features
- Melancholic features
- Persistent depressive disorder:
It’s a chronic form of depression and used to be called dysthymia. They also have their own symptoms to indicate any of the depression which is closely related to PDD.
- No productivity
- Lose interest in activities
- Low self-esteem
Treatments for depression:
There is always a solution to solve every problem it can be in the form of treatment. As treatment can also improve the health of any person more quickly and can provide a healthier life but when you consult with your healthcare provider. These treatments may be included following strategies as
- Medications, proper medication plans can also be very helpful to remove depression.
- Psychotherapy, it is the most common and easiest treatment by which yo can lose your depression by sharing your all inner thoughts with a person who can understand them in better way.
- Light therapy, by exposure to doses of white light also regulates your mood and improve it efficiently. It is mostly used at the time of seasonal affective disorders that’s the reason it is called depressive disorder with seasonal pattern.
- Alternative therapy, by taking advice of your healthcare provider and using alternative ways to boost your energy and using herbal supplements to treat depression effectively.
- Exercise, it also helps to make your body activity and getting rid of hopeless thoughts.
- Avoid drugs and not using alcohol also treats your mind to make it to consume things in better way and understanding them properly.
- Take good diet, its most important treatment to getting healthy food and taking in a good and complete diet plan.
- Take care of yourself, by taking good sleep, avoiding negative thoughts, participating in regular activities. Treating yourself in better way is more important than taking medication or treating by psychiatrist as if you will have good mood so you can do better work with healthy mind and happy mood.